Chatroom

Friday, April 18, 2014

12th Rant: Apology and Plea

Good day everyone.

Songkran festival has passed. It was crazy.

Not in a good way.

There were a lot of news about improper deeds here and there.

There were people showing their pubic areas.

There were girls dancing in a....erm...."priceless" way...

There were casualties and injuries, and there were accidents.

They all happen every single year. I repeat, every single year.

.........................

The people who showed their genitals were arrested and paid 500 Baht each as their penalty.

They also apologized for their deeds, saying like they knew it's not good to do so.

My question is: Why bother doing it then?

Of course everyone knows it's not good to do that, yet you did. It shouldn't be like you did then apologized and perhaps paid a bit of money and finished. That shouldn't be how it works. maybe we should strengthen the laws so that people will never do it so carelessly again.

......................

Those cases ended up with apologies. Still better than pleas. There are some cases where you did wrong, but then you say what you've done was intentionally good, with the keyword being intention.

What I've seen so far are:

1. I have a good intention. I did it for the sake of goodness. You have to look at not only my deeds, but also my intention too.

2. I actually did something. What about you? Have you ever done at least something like me? If not, then don't complain.

3. You aren't me, you won't understand. I'm at hardship, that's why I have to do it this way.

.
.
.
.
Well then, allow me to point out a couple of things here.

1. Whatever you do, regardless of your intention, your wrongdoing is still wrong. Good intention doesn't change the fact that you do the wrong thing.

2. What others do or not do doesn't affect YOUR doing. The point is you, not others. As long as you do wrong, others have perfect rights to complain your wrongdoings.

3. Hardship doesn't permit perpetration. In fact, nothing permits perpetration.

.
.
.
I sincerely hope someone will come across this and spread it over to those plea-talkers.

..............................

Lately it's been shorter and shorter, but that's me for you: unpredictable. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment