Chatroom

Saturday, March 1, 2014

2nd rant: Opinion toward the education system.

Hi there, this is my second time here, and I have to say that currently I have no idea what to write and my mind is so messed up that I don't know what tense should I use, but I've got a feeling that I must relieve something in my coconut.

I will not lie to you. I actually thought about bringing the topic of Politics, but this article ended up in tons and tons of swears, so I'll change it now. Let's see what else is in my mind (Oh and I just realize that I haven't use the word 'else' for a big while.)......

How about education system?

Of course that topic has to come across my mind. I'm a student after all. Also, I'll try my best to restrain myself from unnecessary rude words (again).


Education system in my country is so hopeless. I would like to point out the very first factor of failure: Minister of Education. I sincerely hope I will not end up in Politics again, but I have to say this for one last time in this entry. In my opinion even though Minister of Education is a political position, but this person must be associated with Education in one way or another. Unfortunately, right now my government seems to completely forget about that and put whoever they desire to "take care of" the position. In just a brief amount of time we have already got like 3 ministers, if I'm not mistaken. And all of them don't really bother the sake of education anyway. Each minister brought different pseudo-policies, and none of them works. However, even they are useless, they still cause surplus of problems since basically everyone under the education system must follow the policy and whatever the minister says. It takes time to prepare things and to actually do it along a policy, but when things are almost ready, the policy was replaced by another. Such a pity.

Now please remember those details, because later on problems are likely to join forces altogether. In addition to the troublesome ministers and their good-for-causing-troubles policies, there are also a kind of people who we call "Lear Kha". "Lear" means to lick, and "Kha" means leg. Now can you guess what loves to lick someone's leg?

Dogs.

And what else do dogs love to do?

Flatter.

That's basically what these people love to do. In front of those big bosses, they will flatter and act like they are such good guys and gals, but in truth, they are the exact opposite. I personally think they shouldn't work in the education system, but rather in Hollywood or something. I'm sure they will eventually win some awards.

Still, not all people want to become that kind of person, but they are more like forced to be one. This is because we actually have a lot of evaluations from tons of agencies, and the ones who will have to do all the preparations for the evaluations are teachers. We will leave the teachers for later, but for now let's focus on evaluations. When someone visits you to check the quality of your home, will you just leave the mess as is and tell him the truth? While some of you may reply yes, schools cannot. No school likes it when they announced that this particular school sucks. That's why people turn into the Lear Kha type, faking everything into a fantastic condition in order to pass the evaluation with high grades. This makes me think of something: Why do you even evaluate them then? Those things you see aren't even true! Well, actually, I kind of already know the answer. Remember the pseudo-policies? Yes. It's that thing. A system requires people to evaluate the structures, same goes with a pseudo-policy that requires agencies to evaluate the structures within the effect. The trick is that no one (with power) really cares about the real result. Everything will be fine as long as schools look good.

What do we miss here......oh yes, teachers right? While there are the flatter-ers and the pseudo-evaluation, there are also unqualified teachers. I don't know if any other places will be like this, but in my country's traditional culture, teachers are more than people who teach. They are the ones who educate students to lead good, valuable lives. They must be the model of goodness, in addition to giving knowledge. Sadly, right now there are lots of "teaching employees" out there. Some are even unbelievable that they are qualified to be teachers. Some of them have not enough knowledge to be someone who educates people, while some of them are no way close to a model of goodness. Frankly, these teaching employees are the type that students stick with the most, since majority of them are kind, friendly, and perhaps more approachable than real teachers. The latter, for students, is scary, and is often hated by these little people. How pitiful.

What's more? We have seen pseudo-policies, pseudo-evaluation, and pseudo-teachers. All these 3 are from the side of school, but we haven't talked a single bit about parents and students, have we? Parents, from my perspective, are very important. They are the ones who spend time with their children the most (obviously). No matter how hard teachers try to educate students, if parents don't really participate in supporting the learning, the process will be much slower and less effective. Now please take notes that there are even selfish parents who don't care about what their children have done wrong and will get angry when their precious treasures are punished. There are also the type who cares none of school's requests and do whatever they desire.

Next are the students themselves. As seen from my previous entry (beware: a lot of nonsense warned.), new generations are getting worse. That is a very tiny bit of what they can do. I can even say that the naughtiest of my classmates is not even considered bad when compared to some other schools out there. Some don't even care about studying because they believe what ever they do, they'll pass anyway. This is, tragically speaking, true. Why? The answer will take us to the last factor: social value.

In my country, we value the graduated, not the educated. Anyone who dares to fail to enter a university will have his/her future pretty much doomed. Their opportunity of doing things will be decreased by a lot since not many companies will accept those who are not graduated. Now suppose a student fails to enter a university, thus fail to graduate. Then there's this random person walks in and says "Wow, which school did this student come from? They can't even educate this boy enough to enter any university. I will definitely not send my daughter to this school." That's why schools have to choice but to let them pass. Teachers are not allow to fail students.

All in all, this education system is just a big compilation of pseudo-messes. There's the leading pseudo-minister and his pseudo-policies, then there's the pseudo-school and the pseudo-evaluation. Within the school are the pseudo-teachers and the pseudo-student, and lastly the pseudo-value doesn't help. If there is any hope left, it's going to be the peace of ongoing conflicts so that the society can seriously take a look at how hopeless this section of the country can be.

.............................

There's a lot more to that chunk of rant, but my mind is so messed up right now so I don't think I can continue. My entry is no way near the word polished, so thank you very much for struggling through that whole bunch of .....whatever you wanna call....

No comments:

Post a Comment