Chatroom

Sunday, March 2, 2014

3rd rant: Quotes in my mind. (What a lame title.)

Good day everyone.

Here comes my third rant.

Seems like I'm in a good mood eh? Well actually I don't know myself. Have you ever feel completely blank? I often feel like that. (In truth, right now I feel a bit annoyed by the noise outside my room though.) A blank mood is a state of mind that I really cherish, because at that exact time is when I can easily force myself to do something worthy, like homework, reviewing, learning, or things like that. I also tend to force myself to think of inspirational stuff. I am a type of person who seriously need inspiration and motivation to really work on something. There are times when I waste my whole day doing nothing worthwhile, and most of the times it's because of my laziness. If I could convert my laziness into magical power, I sincerely believe I can turn an entire city upside down.

Nevertheless, there are still times when I manage to overcome the evil Baron Lazy, sometimes by the use of quotes. I have quite an amount of quotes in my mind, but I don't really use, or follow, them though. I think I'll share them with you.


"Gods don't help those who don't even try."

Suppose gods do exist, I seriously don't think holy deities are interested in those who do nothing but rely on their help. I don't think they will be pleased when they know their worshipers are maggots.


"Stop thinking and start doing."

That's a head shot to myself. There are a chunk of stuffs in my mind, but most of them are wasted, forgotten. Sometimes people think too much that they eventually do nothing, me included. If you do, however, you will realize how great your idea is, and how deplorable it would be if you don't.


"Decorum is a must, even toward those you hate enough to want to kill."

I got this one from a fan-made manga of a game I love. While it may sound a bit vicious, somehow I love this one. Maybe it's because the character who said this is my favorite character, and her behavior is something I'm trying to be like.


"Think before you act."

Now this one may contrast the aforementioned quote, but when you see the quote below you'll understand my point. For this one, I focus on consequences of your deeds. Act carelessly and you'll cause troubles to not only you but also others involved.


"Circumstances are to be dealt with accordingly."

Similar to how you cannot treat a cat like a dog, quotes are not appropriate all the time. Same goes with your actions, in some situations direct confrontations may solve problems, while some require more complex processes. 


"Adapt to the environment."

Wise men from the ancient time once compare people with pines. I can't remember exactly the content of the story, but I do remember about 2 types of pines. There's a type that stays strong and still, challenging all the storms blowing through, and there's another type that bends along with the wind. At the end of the story, the strong pine breaks down during a powerful storm, while the other pine survives through the event. Moral of the story: Sometimes you just can't be so blunt and blind and hold to your position without concerning the events around you. There's also this quite funny quote from another game I like. It says "Sometimes it's better to just keep quiet and nod.


"Truth never dies, but truth may cause people to die."

The truth never dies section is a famous quote by itself, and the rest is my addition. This quote is the one I use most frequently, Along with another quote.

"There are no secrets in this world, but sometimes truths can wait."

Have you ever heard of the term white lie? It's when you lie for the better good. Also, for those who really dislike lies, I did not say that lies are good. Any form of lies is bad. That's why I'll suggest yet another way: You didn't lie; you just didn't speak of everything.


Huh? That's it? Seems like I can't think of anything else... Oh yes, there's another one.


"No good, no evil. Only you and your foe."

This one is pretty old, but I still agree. From your point of view, you may think what you are doing is right. However, the other side may see it exactly like that too. What I'm saying is, who decides what's right and what's wrong? What's good and what's bad? Personally, all the concepts of goodness and badness are humanity's ideology. We forge the shape of good and bad ourselves, while it might not even exist in reality.


Oh well, now I'm beginning to recall more and more...


"Live with it."

Sometimes people worry too much. Live with the present and be happy of what you have. Do your best and everything will be fine.


"Destiny is mine."

Exactly. My destiny is my destiny, not yours, not his, not hers, not theirs or whoever out there. Don't let anyone intervene your fate. You are the one who lives with your life, not them.


"Because I can."

This quote will be used after I accomplish something. While it sounds as arrogant as it is, it's quite meaningful to me. Sometimes people underestimate their potential, thus abandoning chances and opportunities in their lives. Say quote number two, so that you can say this quote later on.


"Manipulate your emotion."

Sounds bossy. The meaning of this one is that you change your feelings to motivations and power sources within you. Oh, that reminds me.


"If you can't find motivation or inspiration, make one."

Simple as that. Gods don't help those who don't even try. Say, you are so lazy to do homework and you want to eat that sweet cake so much. Set that cake as a goal and say to yourself "Unless you finish homework, don't eat the cake." and let the struggle for the cake begin.


That's pretty much all, I guess.

....................................................

Anyways, right now I'm still fighting Baron Lazy every single millisecond. That also means I'm thinking about updating my novels, but I'm still too lazy and not in the right mood to do so. Don't worry though, I will eventually end up updating it, but it will take from weeks up to a year before I can move my as- I mean my hands and start typing. Cross fingers for me will you? >.<

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment