Chatroom

Friday, March 14, 2014

7th rant: My mom and Naruto.

Hello there.

Today I just received the grades for my final examination of my Grade 11's 2nd semester. In my country we use the 4.00 GPA standard. I got 3.83, supposedly 4th rank of the class, and the 13th rank of the entire Grade.

It's not bad, but not good either. I used to get 3.96 (1st Rank), then I got 3.93 (1st) and somehow fell down to 3.77 (2nd). This time it seems like I improved myself quite a bit to 3.83, but the rank falls down even harder by 2 places.

While this sounds like a complete nonsense since all of my grades from the beginning of my education have never break the minimum limit of 3.77, I take it pretty seriously. Can you guess why?

For someone known for taking the 1st place for such a long time, and to end up in the 4th all of a sudden.

Some teachers actually told me that the rankings are wrong, so don't take it seriously. I told mom the same.

She responded by saying something like "Then keep reminding the school to fix it. Getting the 4th place is bad."

That's not all. She also said "Not to compare things but you know, when your brother was at your age he got all 4."

I'll be honest. That's not just comparing. It's way beyond that. I suddenly felt like I got slapped right at the face. It's obviously the detestable comparing kids thingy. I hate it.

After all these things I've done...Okay I might not be a hard working student, but no one still has the right to speak as if all the efforts are nothing. It's depressing, stressful, and heartbreaking to hear that.

To whose who envy the ones with high grades, I envy you.

When both of us failed, we got scolded. The difference is that when you try hard and get some good grades, you earn rewards, yet when I try hard and get some good grades, I earn nothing but invaluable praises. Those words worth nothing as they can be clearly seen when I fell down even just a bit. I will be scolded as if I've always been bad.

My only way is to fly higher and higher, never to step down. Falling is not a choice.

The higher you are, the harder you fall.

I'm scared of the day I fall.

.................................................

I guess that's the reason why I don't really tell all the truths to her nowadays. Whenever I say something that she disagrees, she'll go on and on without any concern to listeners. She thinks as if she's the best one around, and should you interrupt she will argue back with her "I'm right" logic, and when it seems like a no go for her, she will pull the pitifulness trick that simply forced us her children to keep our lips attached.

That's how I learned. I learned not to argue with this type of person. I learned sometimes enduring it and nod is way better than speaking for your rights.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Moral of the story: Think before you speak, and have concerns for listeners as well.

...................................

We start of the entry with such a sad topic, so let's change it here.

...
...
..
I'm sorry.

I really can't. I'm not in the mood to do so.

The world will be a much more livable if people have concerns for each other.

Sadly, that day will never come. Not in the world where human rules.

................................

Speaking of which, I happened to come across an encouraging and inspiring anime.

It's Naruto.

Of course you have heard of it, and lots of you are probably fans. I'll admit I've heard of it since years ago, but today marks the first time ever that I watched this long. I watched a part of the fight between Naruto and Pain, from four-tails to the end of the arc. While it's touching and awesome, at the same time it's.....

...
..
.......hilarious.

I can't help myself but laughing so hard at the fight between Pain and Naruto's beastly form. Pain's ridiculously priceless. Lots of his moves, those "HAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" thing, and even when he got attacked. So priceless.

It's supposed to be a very serious situation between someone suffered so hard to the point of outrage, and the one who has fallen to pain. Somehow it turned out very humorous.

Thankfully after the fight it became really intense. Towards the end it's quite enjoyable, and I couldn't help but smile with him at the end of the arc.

There's a thing that shocked me though. When Minato asked Naruto how old the boy was, and he replied 16.

SIXTEEN!? SERIOUSLY? I though he's 18 or so! It made me feel so shameful that when I was 16 (which is last year) I started worrying about my future, while Naruto jumped throughout the lands and kick some villains' asses.

He also looks older than 16 to me. Are you going to tell me Sasuke who dressed like that is also 16?

Or maybe the whole thing isn't true and it's actually just my mishearing.

Oh guess what, Naruto lightened my mood! Way to go there ninja!

.......................

That's right, here's my short and simple conclusion: If you're disturbed by a fly, slap the fly.

Or find something to lighten your mood instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment