Chatroom

Sunday, March 30, 2014

10th Rant: Vacation Review and more!

Hello there! Long time no see!

The truth is that I came back like 2 days ago, yet I was too lazy to update the blog. Sorry about that.

Anyways, I'm here! And I can't wait to share my vacation with you!

...........................

     First thing first, my first destination point was Tara Mantra hotel at Cha'am beach, Petchburi. It's about 2 hours away from my home, so I listened to a music marathon along the way, and of course all the music are original, and remixes, of Touhou BGM. My ears hurt.

     Tara Mantra itself was quite nice, but I felt so-so. It's simply because this was the fourth time that I came here already, so it's not impressive to me anymore. Everything was okay except the building design that was quite confusing, I still remember the first time I came here that my family and I got lost.

     One thing I really appreciated, for the first time even, was the calmness of the room's balcony. It was SO peaceful that I felt so, so great. I really enjoyed my whole 5 hours of sitting outside, enjoying the scenery of the sea and sky, and drawing stuff in my iPhone.

Yes, I've been drawing things in my iPhone5 for quite a while, but it's small and is very painful to work with. I use SketchbookX for iPhone, and on top of that I did not pay to unlock all gimmicks, so my resources are very limited. I still manage to draw a couple of things though, namely my first ever fan-art (I drew Maleficent.).

For my family we usually make our vacation an "eat'n sleep" type. We get to the hotel, we sleep, then we go for meals, then come back and sleep. Isn't it great? xD

So I guess I'll share some restaurants I found they'er pretty great to you. The first one will be "Dee Lek", just a few steps away from the hotel. Their food is mostly European-Chinese/Thai, so please don't expect it to be as good as the original ones in Europe. Nevertheless when you compare it to the rest of the oh-so-many restaurants around it, this one's the best. The amount of food is that of the European size, and it's quite rare to find here.

Speaking of the size, "Aree", an Indian style restaurant even a fewer steps away from the hotel, also gives stunning amount of food per dish. What I like about their dishes are the sauces and taste. When you order a steak with some particular sauce, they really cover the meat with sauce to the point that you can't identify the meat, but rather a blob of sauce. The taste is extreme, too. There's no holding out when it comes to taste, if you order a spicy dish, it will be truly spicy. There's an exception, though. You can select the level of spiciness, so no worries. Oh, that reminds me. This time my brother and I ordered 2 different Indian dishes with my bro selected Lv.1 spiciness while I selected no spiciness at all. Ironically, the dishes turned out to look, and taste, almost the same, with a sole exception of spiciness. My bro favored my Lv.0 curry (which is still spicy, somehow) and I, on the other hand, liked his Lv.1 curry.

Let's travel a bit further from the hotel, shall we? Our next stop would be "Yao Seafood", a quite famous restaurant. As the name suggests, it's proudly presented dishes are seafood. Their prawns are delicious, as well as their snapper. Their drawback, though..... Well, the restaurant is, unbelievably and unacceptably for a famous restaurant, really dirty. Flies came after food was served, and the plates had a lot of ants on them.

I would suggest a better place for seafood, and it's called "Sang Thai Seafood", located in Hua Hin. Compared to Yao Seafood, this is on another level. Everything I've ordered, by about 5 times so far, is delicious, but the best of them will be Mantis Shrimp Stir-Fried with Garlic. It's SO delicious and it earned the title of the best dish of this trip. I still fancy its purple-white meat, ahh....

Anyways, my second destination was at Hua Hin (indeed), and I checked in at Putahracsa Hua Hin resort. It's a really great place, but I think it's too expensive (about 4000 Baht per night). What I liked the most would be the crew. ALL of them are polite and lovely. The resort itself was beautiful (though there's no peaceful spot like Tara Mantra), and the only negative thing I could find is the stairs along the walkway. There are so many stairs that when combined altogether I guess it's equivalent to about 2-3 floors, and those are only the ones along the main passage that you have to walk everyday. So, if you have knee/leg problems or you are...umm....old.., please bring healthy people with you so they can support you.

I also went to a mall full of brand names. Never before in my entire life that I buy even a single brand name product. Guess what? This time I bought 3 clothes, and their prices are equal to 15 of my usual clothes. But hey, did you know that in my entire life, and this time counted, I've bought only about 10 clothes! 90% of my clothes are all inherited from my relatives, and MY clothes are almost nowhere to be found.

I guess that's what you get for being the youngest of the clan.

To make myself more comfortable, I went to a night market in Hua Hin and bought a luxury, velvet watch at the price of 159 Baht.

......................................

Once I came back I immediately tried to caught up with whatever I missed on the internet, and I found out about an ongoing talk of the town in my country. It's about a marching band of a famous school. I don't really want to go in detail here. My apology, but if you want to know more you will have to find out in the news instead. What I want to say here is what I learn from it.

1. You are a student. While under the name of the school whatever you do will affect the school. Normally most people don't care how bad you are, but whenever you are on duty of a student, remember who you are, and act carefully.

2. If you want to drift, discuss it with your comrades first, so that  you will drift in the same way and not foil each other.

3. Sometimes it's better to keep you lips attached and nods. The more you say aggressively, the worse you get.

4. There will always be haters in this world, and so do opportunists.

5. Once you make people hate you enough, no one will care about your glory, and they will always be ready to stomp on your mistakes.

6. Internet/Social Network is a very strong force. Of course you can make use of it, but be ready for consequences. Water can lift the boat, as well as to drown it.

7. Hatred is a very powerful force indeed. Don't get carried away by it.

8. Don't make people hate you either.

........................................

I think I have more to say, but I can't recall it :(

Anyways, that's it for today. See you next time!

And as always, thanks for reading (and special thanks to the mysterious +1 person! Thank you very much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment