Chatroom

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

4th rant: Something, gaming, something.

Hi there, oh my god it's the fourth time already!

By the way, this cup of tea in front of me is so bitter, way bitter than normal. *sip*

Anyways, this one will be pretty random, I guess.

First of all (really?), my condolences to Leonardo DiCaprio regarding the Oscars. Hang in there sir!

Secondly, Ellen you're so hilarious. I would love to be that pizza delivery man.

Third, the tea is still bitter and cold. For those who don't really drink tea and would like to try some, drink it hot. Cold tea tends to be more bitter than hot ones. This includes most types of tea, except the sweet tea in bottles. I don't really consider them tea, but rather sweet beverage with tea flavor.

"Let it go" from Disney's Frozen is lovely. When I try to sing it, though, it sounds like screams from hell. Seriously, I can't sing. Some of my classmates say I'm perfect (Wow I sound narcissistic.); in reality I'm so imperfect. I suck at singing, I can't cook, and I can never do sports. Heck, I can't even ____! (No, not gonna.) The more one looks perfect, the more imperfect one is. Uuuuuuuhh that sounds cool.

Speaking of the word Narcissistic, do you know where does this word originate from? It's from Narcissus, a character from Greek mythology. Long story short, he's narcissistic. He fell in love with his reflection on the water surface and exhausted himself to death. So yeah, thus the act of being too proud of yourself/ praising yourself is defined by Narcissism/Narcissistic.

My condolences for Leonardo DiCaprio regarding the Oscars.

There's a new online game releasing pretty soon called Mirror War. It's an arcade shooting game, and my main interest falls in the "shooting" section. Have I ever told you before that I'm a Touhou fan? "Touhou" is a bullet hell, curtain fire, vertical shooting game series currently consisted of 14 main games, 5 spin offs, and tons of official books/manga, and a HECK of a fan base. This enormous fan base's potential is amazing. We can do remixes of the game's actual BGM within the very same day of the release. We draw countless amount of extremely high quality pictures. We produce tons of doujins, and by that I emphasize on the word tons. It's not a quantity expression; I definitely believe if we put all those doujin's manuscripts together, they will weight TONS. We can even create ANIMES! Try searching the entirely fan-made "Memories of Phantasm" or "Summer Day Dream" and see how incredible the fan base is!

Wait, I think I was going to talk about Mirror War. Anyways, let talk about the actual Touhou first. The whole 14 main games are all produced by a man named ZUN. Yes, ALL of them are made by a single person. The great things about Touhou are that the bullet patterns are so beautiful that they can put an end to your breath.....literally. Anything aside from power-ups on the screen: You touch a single bullet and you lose a life. Simple as that. The background scenes are pretty charming too, but the characters are....honestly speaking....terrible. HOWEVER! His character art style has been improving, and at this rate the jokes about his terrible character art style will eventually end. Anyways, the greatest thing of Touhou is actually the music. All the BGMs are glorious. They are extremely well composed and fit the stage so much that some of them even fit every single bullet patterns! Listening to them without the actual gameplay is also absolutely nice! For starters, try "Septette for the dead princess", which is based on a famous classic score that I forgot the name. I would also suggest "Bloom nobly, perfect cherry blossom of Sumizome ~ Border of Life" due to its....tragic melodies (My favorite piece). What's more? "Last Remote" gives extremely powerful aura. "Flight of the bamboo cutter ~ Lunatic Princess" is traditionally elegant. "Kobito of the shining needle ~ Little Princess", the BGM from the latest final boss, is absolutely epic. And to think that the boss is actually an inchling! Bravo ZUN, bravo!

Also, did I mention that until recently, all games consist of girls flying around, shooting danmakus (bullets. Imagine fireworks.) at each other. After they solve the incidents, they throw a party with the culprits. Also, ALL males that appear in the entire Touhou universe are some animals, both common and legendary, some gods, unworthy to mention villagers, a half-Youkai shopkeeper (Youkai means demons. They are the main population here.), a Youkai with his body of cloud, a flying turtle, and a being with 3 forms: Female, Male, and Orb. Yeah, that's all. The rest are overpopulated with flying girls with ridiculous power like "The ability to manipulate fate", or "The ability to invoke death". There is also an ability that I believe it is the worst of all game-breaking abilities the entire humanity can imagine: The ability to manipulate boundaries. Heck, it tops even the ability to destroy anything and everything, or the ability to manipulate miracles. Because in Touhou logic, everything has boundaries. The boundary between life and death, humans and animals, ground and sky, and so on. Basically, if you possess this ability, you can mess with everything in existence.

Fan base (again) is also an important structure here. We named 2 girls with no official names, and guess what? ZUN accepted the names officially. The fan base goes on and on to even make a lot of fan made games that mimic the originals. Awesome game society is awesome.

Okay, I'll leave Touhou for later articles, because I can go on and on with it. Let's move to Mirror War shall we? Mirror War is entirely different. Well, mostly. The only same thing is the bullet hell thing, and the patterns are SO easy. It's just that the design doesn't really allow players to dodge everything in some way like Touhou. We have to use skills, and bla bla bla. Still, I would like to try it since it's an online game, heh. It would have been way better if there's something like Touhou online or so.

Speaking of online games, I was waiting for AQ3D: Legends of Lore. The game is from Artix Entertainment, an AWESOME indie game company that I really love. They are so close to the community and are so lovely. The game was on hiatus though, because they now focus on developing games that are playable on ALL devices. PCs, iPhones, Androids, etc. Cross fingers for you AE!

Oh well. Seems like this entry has turned into a gaming article. I'm fine with it though. Let's see....

The only online game I'm playing right now is Adventure Quest Worlds, from the same company. I'm addicted to the art there. However, the one and only online game that won a special place in my heart is MapleStory. In where I live, the server was closed a big while ago, and the blocking that prevents my country's people from playing international servers doesn't help. I will always love you MS.

One thing I'm very proud of about online games is that I never pay for them, not even once nor a tiny bit. I set a rule to myself that I will either pay with the money I earned from work, or the game company will be the one who pay because I work in it.

Another thing is that I'm very proud to say that I learn my English partly from games. Those games help me practice English by a lot, and I could never make it here without the help of those games. Thank you AE.

Lastly, to some people out there who always blame crimes or bad things to games and cartoons by saying about the influence, I would love to acknowledge you that it's not the game's fault. It's the players. What matters is the person's common sense, because if that person lacks it, even without playing games he will eventually commit crimes. Stop blaming games just because the criminal happens to play games.

Until next time, have a good day, and thanks for reading.

....................................

Ps. My condolences to Leonardo DiCaprio regarding the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment